New details on the three-day event.
YouTube analyst 8-bit Music Theory will be joining previously announced composer and voice actor Alexander Brandon and bluegrass video game music band The Hit Points at this year’s convention which takes place between 6th – 8th March at the Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
The expo will include panels, workshops, and live performances. A ‘jam space’ will also be set up for musicians to perform together and panels will be hosted by industry professionals, musicians, and Internet personalities.
Game-related items can also be purchased from the vendor room and there will be a space for indie game developers to gather and network. Activities will include open gaming and speedruns.
Those attending the event to host and/or perform include:
- 8-bit Music Theory (music theory analyst)
- 88bit (video game arrangement pianist)
- Alexander Brandon (audio director, composer, and voice actor)
- Bards of the Goddesses (video game music trio)
- Do a Barrel Roll! (video game music cover band)
- Emily Reese (host of the Level with Emily Reese podcast)
- The Hit Points (bluegrass video game music band)
- Master Sword (power metal band)
- OverClocked ReMix (video game music community)
- Super Marcato Bros. (composers and podcasters)
- Viking Guitar (video game metal band)
“At this year’s VGM CON, I feel our special guests are hungry to meet our audience and be among their fellow performers and presenters,” said VGM CON director of programming Austin Colden via a press release.
“Our community is growing organically, and I am humbled by the praise we receive from long-time con-goers and our esteemed guests,” he added.
More information on the day pass, regular, and at-the-door tickets can be found at https://vgmcon.org/tickets/.