The familiar voices of Shang Tsung and Spawn.
Developer NetherRealm Studios and publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have released a new gameplay trailer for fighting game Mortal Kombat 11 which features the shapeshifting sorcerer Shang Tsung, the first of six playable characters included in the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack DLC.
The Kombat Pack includes:
- Three classic Mortal Kombat fighters: Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, and Sindel.
- Todd McFarlane’s superhero character Spawn
- Two more characters to be confirmed at a later date
- Skins and gear sets for each DLC character
- Bonus Johnny Cage ninja mime character skin and gear set
- 18 bonus character skins for existing Mortal Kombat characters
- One-week early access for aforementioned content
Characters and their respective skins and gear sets will be released in the coming months, starting with Shang Tsung on 18th June as part of the early access roll out. The Kombat Pack DLC is also included with the premium edition of Mortal Kombat 11.
Reprising his role as the soul-stealing shapeshifter, actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa will be returning to the franchise as the voice and likeness of Shang Tsung. Tagawa first played the character in the 1995 film adaptation Mortal Kombat, a role he would replay in 2013 for the TV series Mortal Kombat: Legacy.
Another actor reprising a familiar role is Keith David as he returns to voice Spawn. David first portrayed the superhero in HBO’s animated series Todd McFarlane’s Spawn back in the ’90s.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available now for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows.