27 tracks revealed with more to come.
Harmonix has announced the launch window for the console release of its rhythm shooter game Audica.
Scheduled for release this autumn, the virtual reality game will be available for PlayStation VR. Short bursts of gameplay footage is featured in the PlayStation VR teaser trailer (embedded below).
Audica tasks players with shooting and smashing targets to the beat of the music equipped with a pair of blasters in their hands. Players can aim for a place on the online scoreboards by pulling off perfect timing and accuracy during their runs.
When the game launches, Audica will have four arenas, a choice of blasters and various customisation options so that players can personalise their gameplay experience, said Harmonix product manager Jessa Brezinski in a PlayStation Blog entry.
The soundtrack to the campaign mode comprises over 30 electronic dance music tracks; so far the following 27 songs have already been revealed with more to be announced in the coming months:
- 1788-L & Blanke – “DESTINY”
- 3LAU – “Game Time (feat. Ninja)”
- Alison Wonderland – “I Want U”
- Au5 & Fractal – “Smoke”
- Deadmau5 – “HR 8938 Cephei”
- Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon (Noisia Remix)”
- DJ Fresh – “Gold Dust (feat. Ms. Dynamite)”
- Donna Summer – “I Feel Love (Afrojack Remix)”
- DragonForce – “Highway to Oblivion”
- ELYXR – “Eye for an Eye”
- Feed Me – “To the Stars”
- Iggy Azalea – “Boom Boom (feat. Zedd)”
- Inter:Sect – “Decode Me (feat. Noelle LeBlanc, Naoko Takamoto)”
- James Egbert – “The Space”
- James Landino – “Break for Me (feat. Noelle LeBlanc)”
- Jeff Allen – “Lazerface”
- K/DA – “POP/STARS (feat. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns)”
- Knife Party – “Resistance”
- KNOWER – “Overtime”
- M-Cue – “Predator”
- Mason vs. Princess Superstar – “Perfect (Exceeder)”
- Noisia – “Collider”
- ORION – “Time for Crime”
- Savant – “Splinter”
- Symbion Project – “Synthesized (Audica Remix)”
- Zedd – “Addicted to a Memory (feat. Bahari)”
- Zedd & Grey – “Adrenaline”
“Eye for an Eye” and “Decode Me” were created specifically for Audica and can be heard in the gameplay trailer embedded below.
The game includes a practice mode so players have somewhere they can hone their skills and a map creator wherein custom target maps can be created for any song on the soundtrack.
Audica is currently available through Steam Early Access for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Valve Index, and Windows Mixed Reality. The latest version 0.4.0 update includes new songs, achievements, and gameplay adjustments.