Available to pre-order now at $199.99.
During the Resident Evil panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, new information on the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake was revealed.
The game’s producer, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, spoke about how the game isn’t just a remake but a redesign of Resident Evil 2. Head over to the PlayStation Blog where you can read up on the new look of the characters, the technology used to render the characters’ clothes, and much more.
Something else that was revealed, the Resident Evil 2 – Collector’s Edition will be exclusive to GameStop, and EB Games in North America. Contents include:
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition:
- Full game
- Special deluxe packaging
- Extra DLC pack card
- Leon costume: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon costume: “Noir”
- Claire costume: “Military”
- Claire costume: “Noir”
- Claire costume: “Elza walker”
- Deluxe weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert model”
- “Original version” soundtrack swap
Leon S. Kennedy figure (RPD version)
- A 12″ figure of Leon in his RPD police uniform, recreated to mirror the in-game design.
Ben’s File art book
- A 32-page book left behind by freelance journalist Ben Bertolucci. The book contains files and photos that document the events that took place after the Raccoon City incident.
- A voucher code for a 25-track album containing new songs from the Resident Evil 2 remake, as well as selected arrangements from the 1998 original.
RPD renovation design poster
- This blueprint-style poster shows how the Raccoon Police Department building was transformed from an old museum to a modern police facility.
Two pre-order bonuses include a couple of deluxe weapons: a “Samurai Edge – Chris model” and “Samurai Edge – Jill model”. This collector’s edition comes packed in an RPD item box.
The Resident Evil 2 – Collector’s Edition is available to pre-order now in North America, priced at $199.99 ($239.99 CAD) exclusively at GameStop, and EB Games.
Resident Evil 2 is scheduled for release on 24th January, 2019.